Efficacy testing of antiperspirants and deodorants
Whether conducting a classic efficacy study, proof of a specific claim, or a comparative assessment of multiple formulation options in a screening – with our offering in the area of “Antiperspirants and Deodorants”, we are well prepared for the versatility of this product category and can serve a variety of testing needs. We investigate the efficacy of antiperspirants with a study design according to the FDA or Clearcast guidelines in which test subjects sweat under standardized conditions in our hot room. The axilla sweat is collected with cotton pads and the efficacy of the product determined by gravimetric comparison to the baseline and control. If the objective is not to investigate efficacy but finding the best formulation, we recommend to determine the amount of sweat by means of capacitive contact imaging (Epsilon) or by gravimetric assessment after application on the back in our saunatest.
The efficacy testing of deodorants is carried out organoleptically with the help of our ‘odor judges’ (‘sniffers’), who evaluate the smell of the sweat by sniffing the armpits of the test persons. In order to be able to present you with meaningful results, we train our “odor judges” on a continual basis.
- SGS proderm Screening Method (to identify a suitable formulation)
- Antiperspirant-test according to FDA-Guidelines
- Antiperspirant-test according to Clearcast-Guidelines
- Yellow spots on white textiles
- White spots on dark textiles
- Deodorant efficacy (Sniff-Test)
- AT / Deodorant efficacy related to stress / physical activity